Monday, February 27, 2012

Things to Say


There comes a time in everyone's life when they have to think about their own mortality. This is never a fun thing to think about but it does cause you to sit and reflect on your life. This Friday I will have surgery. They will remove a part of ascending and descending colon. While I don't anticipate anything happening to me while on that operating table, I do want to take the time to say some things that I may have never put into words to several different people. So feel free to read each of them if you like some may be personal but I would rather have these things said than not at all.

I get to wake up next to you everyday. This makes me smile just thinking about it. You make me laugh, you make me cuss, and you make me babies. LOL. Thank you for being such a big part of my life. You are my very best friend and there is no one else I would want to go through this world with. I love you baby.

Daddy loves you so very much. I will always be there for you no matter what. Thanks for giving my life such purpose and direction.

You were my very first love, my biggest cheerleader and my biggest confidant. You have taught me how to love and how to love so deeply. You mean the world to me and my family. You are their darling. Thank you for all the times you let me call and complain and yell and fight. You are always there for me no matter what. I love you my mommy.

You are the man I strive to be. You are the one I want my kids to model themselves after (with their daddy's good looks of course). You are the rock that our family is built on. I respect you, I love you, and I thank you for being such a good daddy.

My best friend. We fought with each other and for each other. I will always have your back as will all my friends. Even though you are younger than me I still look up to you. You are beautiful, intelligent and fun. Thanks for being there for me when I need you and when I don't.

Thanks for putting up with my dumb ass and letting me play along with you guys. I respect each and everyone of you guys. You were the boys I played basketball with, the boys I went swimming with, the boys I smoked cigarettes with, the boys who I went to the bars with, the boys I hung out with and the men that I am proud to stand by each day. Thanks for taking care of me and my family. (Chip, Jarrod, Jeremy, Richard, Dennis, Brian, Jason, Bill, Rod, Dylan, Smithers, Will, Lain, Gary, Kip, Brad and Josh [Britt and Lynzie fall in here too])

To my friends,
Each one of you have made me the person I am today. Thank you for walking a part of this road we call life with me. I hope at some point I made you smile. I love you all.

I know this isn't the end, but I am glad to have written these things and I will forever mean them.

4 comments:

  1. That was so sweet, I am proud to know you and call you friend

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are always here buddy. Anything you need is yours. We are lucky to have had you to shape us as well.
    -Jarrod

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I know you'll be fine and messing with the nurses in no time, I would like to take this opportunity to say a few things as well. You're a GREAT friend! And I don't say this just willy nilly. Seriously, you're awesome. We may have had our moments in the past when we didn't get along as well as I would have liked, and we may have lost touch for a while, but you've never failed to be there for me when I needed you. You're persistent love and dedication to your friends and family is truly admirable. I have a short list of people that I look up to and always want close to me and you're one of them. We may not spend a lot of time together, we may not have as many laughs as days past, but dog gone it I still love you Nigel Poole!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nigel, thank God you will live to blog another day. This world isn't ready to be without you.

    ReplyDelete